Ford Extended Service Plan (ESP)
Unexpected repairs can be costly – protect yourself. The Extended Service Plans from Ford are extra protection for your new vehicle.
These comprehensive plans cover a spectrum of maintenance services, including normal wear items. All maintenance replacements are made with original equipment manufacturer’s (OEM) parts, so they deliver maximum protection against rising maintenance costs. The coverage is prepaid, so you never have to worry about maintaining your vehicle.Body Copy:
- Ford ESP is the only Extended Service Plan 100 percent backed by Ford Motor Company.
- Repairs are made with only Genuine Ford Parts by factory-trained and certified technicians.
- With no deductible, there are no out-of-pocket expenses for covered repairs. Ford ESP, combined with the manufacturer’s warranty, provides customers with continuous, uninterrupted coverage.
- Ford ESP provides clear and comprehensive coverage and takes the RISK out of vehicle ownership.
No matter what the situation, Ford's got you covered. Find the plan that's right for you …
ESP Essential Maintenance Plan
The ESP Essential Maintenance Plan is a lower-cost plan that covers only the basic necessary maintenance. Basic maintenance that is covered includes:
- Engine oil and filter changes
- Tire rotations
- Multi-Point Inspections
This offers customers a lower-cost option, but still offers the worry-free protection that comes with regular vehicle inspections.
ESP PremiumCARE is a comprehensive service contract that covers parts and labor expenses for failures due to defects in materials and workmanship and/or normal wear and tear for more than 500 key components.
- By far this is the most popular ESP Plan because of its wide band of coverage
- PremiumCARE offers the best value for the customer. Although vehicle quality has dramatically improved, the content and technology have increased as well
- By purchasing PremiumCARE, customers are protected against future price increases for parts and labor costs associated with vehicle repairs
- It builds on the warranty coverage that comes with the vehicle
- It offers rental car reimbursement* of up to $30/day (up to $36/day for Lincoln customers) for up to 10 days per repair visit. This includes repairs covered by the Bumper-to-Bumper New-Vehicle Limited Warranty
* Requires the vehicle to be kept overnight for covered repairs
ESP PowertrainCARE offers critical coverage of 29 major components – after the Bumper-to-Bumper New-Vehicle Limited Warranty (and Powertrain warranty for North American-built vehicles) expires.
- It’s a lower-cost plan when compared with PremiumCARE
- PowertrainCARE covers the most expensive components of the vehicle
- By purchasing PowertrainCARE, customers are protected against any price increase in parts and labor
- It’s an attractive alternative for certain customers such as fleets or eligible commercial customers
- Ford ESP has designed different coverage options to meet the budgets and specific driving needs of individual customers. Coverage begins at the Bumper-to-Bumper New-Vehicle Limited Warranty start date and zero kilometers.
The Premium Maintenance Plan
This plan covers regular checkups, routine inspections, preventive care, and replacement of normal “wear and tear” items that require periodic attention.
You can select the service interval that is right for you (every 8,000 kilometers) and lock in your future maintenance cost at today’s rates.
This comprehensive plan covers a spectrum of manufacturer-recommended maintenance services, including six normal wear items:
- Spark plugs
- Shock absorbers
- Clutch disc
- Engine belts and hoses
- Brake pads and linings
- Wiper blades
- Change engine oil and replace oil filter
- Inspect and rotate tires
- Perform a Multi-Point inspection
- Check fluid levels and fill:
- Transmission (if equipped with a dipstick)
- Brake reservoir
- Power steering
- Coolant recovery reservoir
- Window washer
- Check following systems/components:
- Operation of horn, interior lights, exterior lamps, turn signals, and hazard and brake lights
- Windshield washer spray, wiper operation, and wiper blades
- Windshield for cracks, chips, and pitting
- Radiator, heater and, air-conditioning lines for leaks and damage
- Engine air filter
- Oil and fluid leaks
- Exhaust system (leaks, damage, loose parts)
- Steering and steering linkages
- Shocks/struts and other suspension components for leaks and/or damage
- Accessory drive belt(s)
- Clutch operation (if equipped)
- Tires for wear and proper air pressure
See your Ford or Lincoln Mercury Dealer for complete details.